St. Jane de Chantal will be collecting items to help the people affected by Hurricane Harvey in Texas. To assist in loading, please ONLY send items in BULK / PRE-PACKAGED items (Consider buying in bulk from Sam’s, Costco, Walmart, etc.). We are collecting the following items:
– Cases of Bottled Water, Powerade, Gatorade
– Baby Items (Diapers, Wipes, Powder, etc.)
– Non-perishable Dry goods and canned goods
– Bleach, Lysol, Clorox Wipes, etc.
– Mops, Brooms, Buckets, etc.
– Contractor Bags, gloves, surgical masks, etc.
– Soap, toothpaste, toothbrush, razors, floss, feminine products, deodorant, etc.
– Paper Towels, Kleenex, Toilet paper, etc.
– Dog and Cat food
– Flash lights and batteries
– New Pillows, sheets, towels, and air mattresses
– Duct tape
– Plastic storage bins
– Folding chairs
– Boxes and Packing tape
The parish is NOT ACCEPTING clothes, books, or toys.
Please drop off these items off to St. Jane Hall on the following days:
Tuesday, August 29- Sunday, September 3 between 8 am and 7pm
Tuesday, September 5 until Thursday, September 7 between 8 am and 7 pm
Act of Consecration to the Sacred Heart
O Sacred Heart of Jesus, to Thee I consecrate and offer up my person and my life, my actions, trials, and sufferings, that my entire being may henceforth only be employed in loving, honoring and glorifying Thee. This is my irrevocable will, to belong entirely to Thee, and to do all for Thy love, renouncing with my whole heart all that can displease Thee.
I take Thee, O Sacred Heart, for the sole object of my love, the protection of my life, the pledge of my salvation, the remedy of my frailty and inconstancy, the reparation for all the defects of my life, and my secure refuge at the hour of my death. Be Thou, O Most Merciful Heart, my justification before God Thy Father, and screen me from His anger which I have so justly merited. I fear all from my own weakness and malice, but placing my entire confidence in Thee, O Heart of Love, I hope all from Thine infinite Goodness. Annihilate in me all that can displease or resist Thee. Imprint Thy pure love so deeply in my heart that I may never forget Thee or be separated from Thee.
I beseech Thee, through Thine infinite Goodness, grant that my name be engraved upon Thy Heart, for in this I place all my happiness and all my glory, to live and to die as one of Thy devoted servants.
St. Margaret Mary Alacoque
Because the Archdiocese is maintaining closures, St. Jane will remain closed on Thursday, June 22, 2017.
ALL Catholic school-based Summer Camps, meaning any summer camp housed on the campus of a Catholic school in Orleans, Jefferson, Plaquemines, St. Bernard, St. Charles, St. John the Baptist, St. Tammany and Washington Parishes will be CLOSED Wednesday, June 21 and Thursday, June 22.
ALL Catholic school-based early childhood learning centers/daycare centers in Orleans, Jefferson, Plaquemines, St. Bernard, St. Charles, St. John the Baptist, St. Tammany and Washington Parishes will be CLOSED Wednesday, June 21 and Thursday, June 22.
The office will reopen Friday at 8:30am.
Masses will continue, with 8am daily Mass; Mass in the Extraordinary Form at 6:30am on Thursday Morning, and 7pm Spanish Mass Thursday evening.
Vacation Bible School will resume Friday, with the closing program scheduled for 11:30am.
The Parish Office will be closed due to Severe Weather, on June 21, 2017.
Pending further notice, we will reopen at 8:30AM, Thursday June 22, 2017.
While it’s no Katrina – Stay safe, and stay dry!
* WIND: PROTECT AGAINST HAZARDOUS WIND HAVING POSSIBLE LIMITED IMPACTS ACROSS SOUTHEAST LOUISIANA AND SOUTH MISSISSIPPI. POTENTIAL IMPACTS INCLUDE: – DAMAGE TO PORCHES, AWNINGS, CARPORTS, SHEDS, AND UNANCHORED MOBILE HOMES. UNSECURED LIGHTWEIGHT OBJECTS BLOWN ABOUT. – MANY LARGE TREE LIMBS BROKEN OFF. A FEW TREES SNAPPED OR UPROOTED, BUT WITH GREATER NUMBERS IN PLACES WHERE TREES ARE SHALLOW ROOTED. SOME FENCES AND ROADWAY SIGNS BLOWN OVER. – A FEW ROADS IMPASSABLE FROM DEBRIS, PARTICULARLY WITHIN URBAN OR HEAVILY WOODED PLACES. HAZARDOUS DRIVING CONDITIONS ON BRIDGES AND OTHER ELEVATED ROADWAYS. – SCATTERED POWER AND COMMUNICATIONS OUTAGES. * TORNADOES: PROTECT AGAINST A TORNADO EVENT HAVING POSSIBLE LIMITED IMPACTS ACROSS SOUTHEAST LOUISIANA AND SOUTH MISSISSIPPI. POTENTIAL IMPACTS INCLUDE: – THE OCCURRENCE OF ISOLATED TORNADOES CAN HINDER THE EXECUTION OF EMERGENCY PLANS DURING TROPICAL EVENTS. – A FEW PLACES MAY EXPERIENCE TORNADO DAMAGE, ALONG WITH POWER AND COMMUNICATIONS DISRUPTIONS. – LOCATIONS COULD REALIZE ROOFS PEELED OFF BUILDINGS, CHIMNEYS TOPPLED, MOBILE HOMES PUSHED OFF FOUNDATIONS OR OVERTURNED, LARGE TREE TOPS AND BRANCHES SNAPPED OFF, SHALLOW-ROOTED TREES KNOCKED OVER, MOVING VEHICLES BLOWN OFF ROADS, AND SMALL BOATS PULLED FROM MOORINGS. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS ———————————- * EVACUATIONS: NONE ANTICIPATED. * OTHER PREPAREDNESS INFORMATION: NOW IS THE TIME TO BRING TO COMPLETION ALL PREPARATIONS TO PROTECT LIFE AND PROPERTY IN ACCORDANCE WITH YOUR EMERGENCY PLAN. OUTSIDE PREPARATIONS SHOULD BE WRAPPED UP AS SOON AS POSSIBLE BEFORE WEATHER CONDITIONS COMPLETELY DETERIORATE. ANY REMAINING EVACUATIONS AND RELOCATIONS SHOULD BE EXPEDITED BEFORE THE ONSET OF TROPICAL STORM FORCE WIND. CLOSELY MONITOR NOAA WEATHER RADIO OR OTHER LOCAL NEWS OUTLETS FOR OFFICIAL STORM INFORMATION. BE READY TO ADAPT TO POSSIBLE CHANGES TO THE FORECAST. * ADDITIONAL SOURCES OF INFORMATION: – FOR INFORMATION ON APPROPRIATE PREPARATIONS SEE READY.GOV – FOR INFORMATION ON CREATING AN EMERGENCY PLAN SEE GETAGAMEPLAN.ORG – FOR ADDITIONAL DISASTER PREPAREDNESS INFORMATION SEE REDCROSS.ORG NEXT UPDATE ———– THE NEXT LOCAL STATEMENT WILL BE ISSUED BY THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN NEW ORLEANS LA AROUND 4 PM CDT, OR SOONER IF CONDITIONS WARRANT.
Friday, January 6, 2016, at 6:30am, we will be celebrating the Mass of Epiphany in the Extraordinary Form. Fr. Allen will be the celebrant.
Following will be Confessions, the Ordinary Form Mass at 8AM, Confessions from 8:30 until they end,then all day Adoration, which will culminate with Confessions from 6m-7pm, and Benediction at 7PM.