Our 2023 Family Promise Host Weeks Are
October 1 – 8, 2023
Sign Up Now via the Following Links
St. Jane Family Promise
We participate as a host congregation through Family Promise of St. Tammany, which furnishes lodgings here at St. Jane’s campus in Abita Springs, and provides nutritious meals for homeless families (up to 14 people) for one week a few times a year.
Volunteers are the heart and soul of Family Promise
And there are many ways that you can help. Whether you can:
- provide a hot meal
- arrange activities for children
- serve a meal
- stay overnight as a host
- help with setup, housekeeping, or breakdown of the families’ home for the week at the Barré Center.
In any and all of these ways, you can make a difference in the lives of families who have lost their homes and are on the road to regaining independence.
We are honored to help those in need!
So far this year, St. Tammany Family Promise has helped:
- 29 families served in total
- 69 individuals
- 47 children
- 1099 nights of shelter/ 3297 meals
- 13 families served in shelter
- 11 families served via diversion
- 3 families served via prevention
- 1 Family served via Rapid Rehousing
- 4420 volunteer hours received
To learn more about how you can be involved, or to discuss the needs of the program in more depth, contact Alissa Pierce or Nicole Montz at email@example.com, or visit our page on Facebook.
To maintain the privacy due the various Families engaged in the Family Promise program, all other activities in the Barré Center are canceled during Family Promise week between the hours of 3:00pm – 8:30am,