As mentioned before, Family Promise will soon be opening doors in St. Jane Parish.
Family Promise will provide ways for us to work together to help homeless families. We will provide overnight lodging and meals for three to five families (up to 14 persons) for one week each, two or three times per year.
Volunteers are the heart and soul of Family Promise and there are many ways that you can help. Whether you provide part of a hot meal, arrange activities for children, or stay overnight, you can make a difference in the lives of families who have lost their home and are on the road to regaining independence. St. Jane de Chantal is proud and excited to be a part of this opportunity to live out the corporal and spiritual works of mercy in a practical and life-affirming way.
Monday, February 9th at 6:30 – St. Joseph Hall
We encourage everyone interested in participating in St. Jane Family Promise to make every effort to attend this meeting. We will be presenting volunteer opportunities and identifying who will need Safe Environment Training and Background Checks.
We will have 4 main teams: Fellowship, Innkeepers, Meals, and Laundry / Housekeeping.
- The Fellowship Team will be responsible for evening fellowship. (7:00 PM – 9:00 PM)
- The Innkeeper Team will stay overnight and help serve breakfast in the morning. Innkeepers may leave after the Family Promise van has picked up the guest families. (8:30 PM – 6:00 AM)
- The Laundry/Housekeeping Team will divide the linens after the families leave, wash them, and return them to St. Jane. They will set up and take down the guests beds. They may also be called upon to assist with setting up dining tables in the Barre kitchen prior to the guests arrival and taking them down once the week is over.
– Laundry Volunteer – Wash Linens
– Sunday Afternoon Volunteer (4:00 PM – 6:00 PM)
– Sunday Morning Volunteer (7:00 AM)
- The Meals Team will be responsible for providing meals: Breakfast and Dinner. Meals can be broken down into entrees, sides, drinks, and dessert and may be provided by two or more persons or a specific ministry / group.
– Breakfast Volunteer (6:00 AM – 7:00 AM)
– Evening Meal Volunteer (5:30 PM – 7:00 PM)
– Donate Food / Desserts
Click here to sign up for more information.