I give thanks to my God always on your account for the grace of God bestowed on you in Christ Jesus, that in him you were enriched in every way, with all discourse and all knowledge, as the testimony to Christ was confirmed among you, so that you are not lacking in any spiritual gift as you wait for the revelation of our Lord Jesus Christ.
He will keep you firm to the end, irreproachable on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is faithful, and by him you were called to fellowship with his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord. 1 Cor 1:3-9
The First Sunday of Advent finds us in a new liturgical year, and as ever is a reminder to us, stirring our hearts in anticipation of our eventual meeting with Jesus Christ at his second coming, at our judgment.
It invites us into a spirituality of anticipation, in which he will keep us strong until the end.
During Advent we will be adding a Mass on Wednesday evenings at St. Jane Church in Abita Springs. Mass will be at 6:30pm, preceded by Confessions from 5:45-6:15pm.
- December 8 is a Holy Day of Obligation, and is on a Monday this year. Be sure to plan ahead for Mass.
- The Parish School of Religion will be having an Advent Class Mass on Monday, December 15 at 6:15pm for all classes, grades 1 through 11. Please arrive by 6PM.
- The Christmas “Star Trees” are at the entrances to the Church. Please take a star for the children in our Parish who are in need of Christmas gifts, and return the presents by December 14th, with the Star on top of the gift. During Office Hours, you may bring the gift to the Office, or you may leave it in the Church where they will be collected after every Mass.
- Also on December 8, the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception and a Holy Day of Obligation, we will be praying with a special Hour of Grace. The prayer will begin at Noon in St. Jane de Chantal Church.
- Sunday December 7 we are celebrating the 25th Anniversary of Deacon Don’s Ordination. We will be having a celebration after the 11AM Mass. Sign up sheets are in the back of the Church, please bring your best prepared dish.
- On Wednesdays in Advent we will be having an evening Mass at 6:30pm. Confessions will be from 5:45-6:15pm, on 12/3, 12/10 and 12/17.
- Saturday, December 6 – First Reconciliation is at 10:00am.
- Sunday, December 7 – Deacon Don’s 25th Anniversary celebration is after the 11:00AM Mass at St. Jane Church.
- Monday, December 8 – Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception, is a Holy Day of Obligation. We will also have an Hour of Grace, starting at Noon, in prayer for our country.
- Icon Workshop – an Icon Workshop is being held from December 8-12 in St. Jane Hall.
Call the office for more details.
- Friday, December 12 – a special Healing Mass will be held, with Fr. Kevin Delerno presiding.
- Monday, December 15 – Advent Mass for Parish School of Religion, is at 6:15pm.
- Wednesday, December 17 – a Parish Evening of Reflection will be conducted by Fr. John Payne, JSL. It will begin at 7:00pm, after the 6:30 pm Evening Mass.
- Thursday, December 18 – the Deanery Wide Reconciliation Service will be held at Our Lady of the Lake Church in Mandeville. The Prayer will start at 7:00 pm, followed by Confessions.
- Monday, December 22 – Our Parish Reconciliation Service will be held at 6:30 PM. We will have a reconciliation service, followed by Confessions.
- Advent ends on the evening of December 24th. Our Christmas Mass Schedule is as follows; 4PM at both St. Michael Mission and St. Jane Church. 6PM at St. Jane and Midnight Mass at St. Jane.
- Christmas Morning Masses are at 7:30AM, 9AM and 11AM. (Please note that the 7:30am Mass will have mo music.)