This Sunday we observe Catechetical Sunday, an annual time of remembrance and prayer for all of those involved in Christian formation, which is of course all of us.
But in a special way we pray for those who will be working in our Parish School of Religion as Catechists, that they may be bold witnesses to the Faith and Tradition which we profess in Christ Jesus.
The US Conference of Catholic Bishops has this to say:
“This year, the Church will celebrate Catechetical Sunday on September 21, 2014, and will focus on the theme “Teaching About God’s Gift of Forgiveness.” Those whom the community has designated to serve as catechists will be called forth to be commissioned for their ministry. Catechetical Sunday is a wonderful opportunity to reflect on the role that each person plays, by virtue of Baptism, in handing on the faith and being a witness to the Gospel. Catechetical Sunday is an opportunity for all to rededicate themselves to this mission as a community of faith.”
May the Lord always bless and uphold our Catechists. And may He help us all to profess our Faith in all that we say and do.
- St. Jane de Chantal picture directory will be given out, to those individuals and families who purchased pictures, after all the Masses in St. Jane Hall.
- The Knights of Columbus are sponsoring a Blood Drive on Sunday, September 21, from 9:30AM until 1PM. The Blood Mobile will be parked by St. Joseph Hall. Come donate and give the gift of life.
- Due to the Priest Convocation, on Tuesday September 23rd, the 6:30PM Mass at St. Michael’s will be a Communion Service only. Also on September 24th and 25th at St. Jane’s, there will a Communion Service only.
- We ask that you join us spiritually through a commitment of prayer and fasting for the entire 40 Days for Life. Prayer and fasting commitment forms, and prayer cards are available at the entrance tables in Church.
- Come join us at the Lakefront for the St. Vincent de Paul Walk/Run, for fun, food, music and socializing on Saturday, September 27th. It will begin at 8am. It is not too late to sponsor someone to walk/run for you. Bring the Family! It is also St. Vincent de Paul’s feast Day.
- St. Michaels’ Feast Day Pot Luck Celebration will be after the 4PM Mass on Saturday, September 27th, at St. Michael’s Mission in Bush. Bring your favorite dies and desserts, the main dish ahs been provided. All Are Welcome!