He said to him,
“You shall love the Lord, your God,
with all your heart,
with all your soul,
and with all your mind.
This is the greatest and the first commandment.
The second is like it:
You shall love your neighbor as yourself.
The whole law and the prophets depend on these two commandments.”
- The Altar Society’s Bake Sale is this weekend after all masses (except the 2pm and 6pm Masses on Sunday,) in St. Jane Hall. Come out and purchase a dessert for your family or for yourself. They are delicious!
- November 1st this year falls on a Saturday. While this is still a Holy Day, the obligation to attend Mass is removed by the US Bishops. We will have our daily Mass at 8AM on Saturday, November 1st.
- Are you looking for a way to be a disciple for Christ in Stewardship? Come and see, and find out how you can extend your time and talents in our many ministries next Sunday, November 2, at St. Jane’s Ministry Fair on November 2. It’s in St. Jane Hall beginning after the 9AM Mass, and a small brunch will be served.
- Also next weekend, our regularly scheduled Coffee and Donut Social is after the 9AM Mass in St. Jane Hall.
- Please keep in your prayers our Parish School of Religion students who will be receiving the Sacrament of Confirmation on Wednesday, November 5th, 2014. Archbishop Aymond will celebrate the Mass and confer the Sacrament.
- Next week is our Debt Reduction Collection. Thank you for your continued generosity as we pay off our much used Barre Center.
“Dear brothers and sisters, on this World Mission Day my thoughts turn to all the local Churches. Let us not be robbed of the joy of evangelization! Let us pray through the intercession of Mary, the model of humble and joyful evangelization, that the Church may become a welcoming home, a mother for all peoples and the source of rebirth for our world.” —POPE FRANCIS
The Second Collection taken at all Masses this weekend, October 18 & 19, 2014 will be dedicated to the Missions. Please be generous.
- We’ll be having a Ministry Fair meeting on Tuesday, October 21 at 6:30PM in St. Jane Hall.
- The Ministry Fair will be Sunday, November 2, from 10AM until 2PM.
- The Altar Society Bake Sale is the weekend of October 25-26. Save up those pennies nickels and dime s, (and dollars,) and buy a great dessert for friends and family!
- The Sacrament of Confirmation is on November 5 this year. Please offer a prayer for the young men and women who will be receiving this Sacrament.
But when the king came in to meet the guests,
he saw a man there not dressed in a wedding garment.
The king said to him, ‘My friend, how is it
that you came in here without a wedding garment?’
But he was reduced to silence.
Then the king said to his attendants, ‘Bind his hands and feet,
and cast him into the darkness outside,
where there will be wailing and grinding of teeth.’
Many are invited, but few are chosen.”
In this beautiful parable from today’s Gospel, it’s easy to see that the King is Father, the Son is Jesus, and the wedding feast is the Great Wedding Feast of the Lamb. The image of the Church as the bride of Christ makes for a fruitful meditation.
Are we preparing ourselves in holiness, in virtue? Are we growing in spiritual maturity?
We’re all invited to be in the Heavenly Kingdom for all eternity, it’s up to us to respond fully to the great invitation.
The Respect Life Committee Meeting is Sunday at 10AM in the Barre Center Library. Please do come out and participate if your interested in joining in the discussion.
C.A.T.F.I.S.H, meets this Friday, October 18, at 6:30 PM in St. Jane Hall.
Remember to attend the Ministry Fair meeting on Tuesday October 21 in St. Jane Hall. Lot’s to decide and the Ministry Fair is coming up soon on November 2.
World Mission Sunday is October 19th. Take a look at the Pontifical Mission Society’s website for more information.