Welcome! As you may have noticed during the last several weeks, we’ve been undergoing some site renovations. Pardon our dust as the renovations continue into the not too distant future.
In the meantime, to keep you updated on Parish Events we offer the following:
- Sunday, May 3 is our Donut Day, after the 9AM Mass. As a special treat. some of the kids from our Sunday School classes will be having a small presentation at that time as well.
- Sunday May 3 is also our annual May Crowning. Events will start at 3:30pm after the Spanish Mass. We’ll be processing, reciting the Rosary, and ending in CHurch with the prayer, hymns, and the Crowning.
- Friday, May 1 is First Friday. Following the 8AM Mass we will have Confessions from 8:30-9:30, plus Adoration from 8:30am – 6pm, with Confessions again from 5-6pm.
- Saturday, May 2 is First Saturday. Read about the First Saturday Devotions here.
- Wednesday, May 6 is Family Promise Volunteer Training. Please join us, as we discuss information needed to help make our first host week a success. We look forward to seeing you there!
- Family Promise Training – There will be a Safe Environment Training specific to Family Promise, on May 13th at 6:30 pm at Our Lady of the Lake, Mandeville and May 16th at 12 pm at St. Luke, Slidell. All Volunteers must attend one training, unless they are only dropping meals off at the door.
- Family Promise – May 17-24 – St. Jane Host Week!
Other happenings to keep an eye out for include our upcoming PSR Teachers End of Year Dinner, the building of a new side walk between the Barre Center and Bene House by the Knights of Columbus, and our Vacation Bible School, not to mention a few other exciting developments which will be revealed in a timely manner.
St. Jane de Chantal
St. Vincent de Paul said of Jane Frances: “She was full of faith, yet all her life had been tormented by thoughts against it. While apparently enjoying the peace and easiness of mind of souls who have reached a high state of virtue, she suffered such interior trials that she often told me her mind was so filled with all sorts of temptations and abominations that she had to strive not to look within herself…But for all that suffering her face never lost its serenity, nor did she once relax in the fidelity God asked of her. And so I regard her as one of the holiest souls I have ever met on this earth” (Butler’s Lives of the Saints).
Monday – Saturday — 8:00 AM
Anticipated Masses on Saturday Evening
4:00PM at St. Michael Mission in Bush
6:00PM at St. Jane
9:00 AM, 11:00 AM, 2:00 PM Missa en Espanol, 6:00 PM
Religious Education Office 985-893-3914
St. Michael Mission 985-886-3868
St. Jane Hall 985-892-1439
St. Joseph Hall 985-892-1774
“Remain in Him, or near Him, in peace of mind and utter trust.” St. Jane de Chantal
Fr. Kenneth Allen – Pastor
Fr. Kevin Delerno – Parochial Vicar
Fr. Angel Diaz – In Residence
Dcn. Frans Labranche
Dcn. Mark Coudrain
Dcn. Don Bourgeois
“To be faithful, we must live simply. Then being free from attachments, we are possessed by nothing. We live in such absolute openness to Divine Love that whatever pleases God becomes our heart’s desire.” St. Jane de Chantal